Christian non-profit organization, Music for Life Institute, home of the internationally acclaimed African Children’s Choir® is currently seeking full-time staff for our Donor Relations and Services Team. We are looking to expand our team and fill the position as Team Leader and Support Staff who will become part of a dedicated team that experiences the joys of working behind the scenes to help Africa’s most vulnerable children today, so they can help Africa tomorrow.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Operations, the team is responsible for providing service and support to Donors and Sponsors via telephone and written correspondence with focus on relationship building and ensuring all data entry is entered to maintain meticulous records. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Responding to Donor account inquiries
- Writing Donor acknowledgement letters
- Creating and updating database records (Raiser’s Edge)
- Sponsorship status notification and follow up
- Issuing receipts
- Gift matching coordination
- Ability, confidence and professionalism to communicate with Donors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
- A self-starter with a high degree of initiative, able to work well both independently and with a team.
- A positive and flexible can-do attitude, resourceful with problem-solving skills and a high attention to detail.
- Must take direction easily, be well organized, and display initiative by helping to improve job functions.
- Raiser’s Edge database experience an asset.
Are you passionate about building relationships? Or do you love data entry and ensuring an accurate database? If so e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Services” in the subject field.